My girls’ and I recently attended a Martha Stewart Crafts party where we got to preview the new Martha Stewart Craft Studio Application for the iPad. We had SO much fun playing with the app and enjoying the delicious cupcakes that were on hand.
Martha Stewart CraftStudio brings the physical paper-crafting world of scrapbooking, memory-keeping and photo-embellishment to life on the iPad. The app allows crafters and non-crafters of all ages and skill levels to create and customize digital cards, invitations, thank-you notes, scrapbook pages, keepsakes, and more. Using photos from their digital library, an array of colored and patterned “paper” backgrounds, stickers, stamps, glitter, textured borders, fonts, and punches, users can customize their designs for any occasion. Featuring an exclusive integration with Snapfish by HP, the world’s No. 1 online personal publishing service, creations can be uploaded for professional printing.
Features of the app include:
- Instructional how-to videos featuring tips from Martha Stewart.
- Ability to share creations digitally via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Ability to create high-quality prints at home using AirPrint technology.
- Ability to upload designs to Snapfish for professional printing via online-to-retail or mail-order – perfect for holiday cards, save-the-dates, invitations, and announcements.
- Photo Library integration that allows users to import photos directly from the iPad and save designs back to Photos.
- An extensive assortment of colored and patterned “paper” backgrounds, stickers, stamps, glitter, textured borders, fonts, and punches inspired by the Martha Stewart Crafts product line.
- Four introductory themed bundles: Everyday, Birthday Party, Doily Lace, and Nature.
- Five additional themed bundles of punches, papers, stickers, and glitter available via In-App Purchase featuring seasonal and occasional motifs: Elegant Celebrations, Spring, Outdoors, Vacation Adventure, and Summer Fun.
- Galleries of inspiring designs created by the editors at Martha Stewart Living.
App is available free for a limited time from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore. The app includes four themed bundles: Everyday, Birthday party, Doily Lace, and Nature. Additional bundles are available for $1.99 each via In-App Purchase.
They also have a Pinterest contest going on!
About the Pinterest Contest: Submit your memory-keeping creations to email@example.com by July 5th. Then, Martha Stewart Living editors will select the top submissions to be featured on Martha Stewart Living’s Pinterest page. The submission with the highest number of Pinterest repins wins! The winning design and runner-up will be featured online, prizes are below. The official contest page is marthastewart.com/craftstudiocontest.
1st prize: HP TopShot LaserJet Pro M275 printer (AirPrint technology)
2nd prize: Gift card for Snapfish
3rd prize: an assortment of Martha Stewart Crafting tools
A card that I designed using the app with a photo from a shower that I styled with printables from Doll House Paperie